If you already had the opportunity of using an app for shipping then the fact that apps are the future of this sector will come as no surprise to you. Just consider that sectors of shipping are seeing a significant increase thanks to the growth of e-commerce. This has caused a surge in companies wanting to get something out of it.
Why is the shipping and customs market so profitable?
Consider the following facts:
- The global shipping market (air, water, freight) is a $2.1 trillion market. This means that there is a robust body to invest in.
- Companies like Amazon, eBay, and Walmart are making important moves towards maximizing shipping services.
- Part of the sector interested in getting a piece of the pie is the mobile apps sector, which are trying to create the most intuitive applications.
Characteristics of good mobile app for shipping and customs
If you are a customer who likes everything fast, expedite, with no hassle, and at the palm of your hand, then you are like most clients. These are only some characteristics that a good mobile app should have in order to fit customers. An intuitive application is very likely to compete in this market that is growing with every passing year. Mobile applications and their use for it will also grow.
A good mobile app for shipping and customs should:
- Be user-friendly. The point of not having to go to the post office to get a package but instead have it delivered home is what we look for. Going to the post office is definitively one trip we all want to avoid.
- Provide real-time information. A customer likes to know what are the whereabouts of their cargo in order to plan ahead based on ETA.
- Have the ability to integrate with all major retailers such as Amazon, Bloomingdales, Macy’s, etc., in order to provide an all-in-one experience.
- Include accurate information about prepaid labels.
- Enable clients to communicate with their courier. For instance, they should be able to make questions about their shipping or even send pictures of that type of cargo they want to ship in order for the shipping company to have a better idea of what the cargo is like.
- Use an algorithm that will give clients the best shipping options.
The future of mobile application looks bright and they are a common place for most companies. Clients can finally have details on their cargo at their fingertips. When it comes to developing mobile applications for shipping and customs, AY Tech is definitively a great option to get it all started. They will deliver a cost-effective application that works for companies and for final customers.